By Edward O. Frantz
A significant other to Reconstruction Presidents offers a sequence of unique essays that discover numerous very important matters, topics, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. furnish, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st entire examine the presidencies of Johnson, provide, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from best historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the learn of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key issues comprise each one president’s political occupation; international coverage; family coverage; army heritage; and social context in their phrases in office
Read or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Whitewash IV tells the tale of Harold Weisberg’s struggle for public disclosure of the Warren fee govt consultation transcript of January 27, 1964. This epic conflict of 1 guy opposed to the kingdom is an important a part of the bigger tale of the liberty of knowledge Act and its the most important 1974 modification.
Graeme Gill indicates why post-Soviet Russia has didn't in attaining the democratic consequence greatly anticipated on the time of the autumn of the Soviet Union, in its place rising as an authoritarian polity. He argues that the choices of dominant elites were important to the development of an authoritarian polity, and explains how this happened in 4 components of regime-building: the connection with the population, the manipulation of the electoral method, the inner constitution of the regime itself, and how the political elite has been stabilised.
Businesses can give a contribution to confident social and financial improvement once they contain stakeholders, equivalent to neighborhood groups, of their making plans and selection making. this is often quite actual within the extractive area, that's linked to large social, fiscal and environmental affects. The OECD has ready a Due Diligence counsel for significant Stakeholder Engagement within the Extractive quarter meant to supply sensible tips to mining, oil and fuel organizations in addressing the demanding situations on the topic of stakeholder engagement.
For 2 a long time, militant jihadism has been one of many world's such a lot urgent safeguard crises. In civil wars and insurgencies around the Muslim international, yes Islamist teams have taken good thing about the anarchy to set up political keep an eye on over a huge diversity of territories and groups. In impact, they've got equipped radical new jihadist proto-states.
- Raven Rock: The Story of the U.S. Government's Secret Plan to Save Itself--While the Rest of Us Die
- Portfolio Analysis and Management for Naval Research and Development
- Regulating Corporate Governance in the EU: Towards a Marketization of Corporate Control (International Political Economy Series)
- Privatization in Practice: Reports on Trends, Cases and Debates in Public Service by Business and Nonprofits
- The American Exception, Volume 1
Additional info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward O. Frantz